Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Whoa-oh, I'm Halfway There

Oh man that was crazy. Since the last time I posted not only was my backyard uprooted but so was the inside of my house. The painter/drywallers/framers were in and out in four days and in that time they did exactly what I wanted them to, and some of what I didn't want them to do. By the time they were done, my house was halfway to dream-housiness and I was ready for a frosty (fruity) beer (more to come on the Bev).

I'll get to sharing the progress inside the house in the coming days. I have to work up to the big reveal once the flooring is complete! Until then I'll be showing small pieces of it, leaving most to wonder what the heck I'm doing in this little place.

But first things first: my tree, or lack thereof. As big of a tree as I thought that sucker was, the tree-trimmers were done sawing, chopping, dropping, dragging and raking in about an hour. I let them in at 8AM and by the time I was heading out the door my backyard was getting a new dose of sunshine.

Sure, I miss the privacy and shade it provided, but being able to sleep without being awoken by rustling of the leaves was worth the $225 right there.

There is still a lot of work to do until I'm happy with the house both inside and out, but until then I'm living on a prayer that it will all be over sooner than later.

1 comment:

  1. Looking pretty back there, Hollis! Looking forward to the rest of the pics!

    ReplyDelete