Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Heart My Animal Head

Ever seen those bumper stickers professing the driver's love of man's best friend? The "I Love My Corgi" sticker. Only it doesn't say "Love" or "Corgi." It's usually a cartoonish heart followed by a picture of the head of a certain breed of dog. Every time I see one I can hear my dad's interpretation of it: I Heart My Dog Head.

Well, I Heart My Animal Head.


I don't know where my fascination of animal heads came from (I'm sure there's some deep, sick meaning behind it), but I do love them. Not real ones though. That's just gross. I like ones like this little antelope fellow here. I like them so much I bought two.

I had been looking for something like this for over a year now after going down to El Lay and seeing some giant steer heads painted pretty colors with the antlers dipped in gold or silver. I didn't have the $800+ to shell out on one so I set out looking for a more affordable version. I looked and looked and looked, and kept hunting around. Finally these dudes sauntered into my line of sight and I pulled the trigger and bought them. I wanted to display them as soon as I got home, but my walls weren't yet ready for their magnificence, so I set them aside waiting for my redecorating frenzy to begin. Then when the dust settled, like a proud marksman, I put those helpless suckers up for the world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment