Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mmmm Mmmm Good

This the cherry on top of my heart-attack-sunday. Although, if dessert has fruit inside, does that make healthy? Or does it at least count towards my two servings a day? There has to be something good that came from SpiderWoman and my trip to 33rd Street Bistro, other than the taste of this beauty.

We hem and hawed over whether or not to get dessert considering what he had already had to eat that night (see below). Unfortunately I have no self control, so of course I said we should get it.

33rd Street Bistro has a pretty good dessert selection. Actually they're owned by the same group that owns Riverside Clubhouse that offers up the amazing chocolate cake, and Bistro serves it too. Or, as I mentioned earlier, they've got the Trio... but that's for a night where I eat settle for soup and salad. So we decided to split the special of the night: Nectarine Cobbler.

Their cobbler was nothing extravagant or extra special. It was just simply good. The nectarines gave the dessert a lighter taste than the typical Peach Cobbler that most restaurants put on their menus... meaning the taste of the fruit didn't overpower the entire dessert. Plus it didn't taste like they put a ton of sugar in the filling so it wasn't like eating filling from the can. The crumble topping was just sweet enough and buttery and melted in my mouth, and the ice cream on top was homemade... you can't go wrong with that. All those tastes combined made for a rather filling, but not pants-busting feeling afterward. Especially since we shared. The one thing that would have made it better (besides sharing it with Kobe instead of SpiderWoman) would have been if they removed the peel for the nectarine before cooking. Every couple of bites I could feel the thin peel on my tongue after it separated from the fruit. Good roughage I guess, but not my cup of tea.

We polished that baby off and headed home, both saying we should remember that place when looking for a laid back dinner on a nice night in Sac.

Now if only I knew of place like that up here in Redding where I'm spending my last night of a business trip. Actually... the trip was more interesting than I thought it would be. It didn't involve any fantastic meals (as a result of last week's splurges I decided it might be better to bring my own food and control what I shove into my pie-hole (or Cobbler-hole)), but I did have a good time tonight. I'll have to fill you in on my walk on water, and my experience with mossy balls (what!?!). Don't worry, it's PG.

2 comments:

  1. Where's my car? I'm coming up? Yummmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kiddo! Just signed up to follow but have NO idea why it didn't display my picture. Well, I have some conjectures but let's not go there! Anyway, the dessert thing looks TOO good!

    ReplyDelete