Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Eat Me: BEAT Salad

If I were to told you I craved beet salad, most of you would look at me all wonky-eyed or asked me if my name was Dwight Schrute. Except my Ma, she likes them purple suckers (come to think of it, she might be the only reading this. Hi Ma!). But I'm not talking about a beet salad, I'm talking about BEAT salad, containing some of the best ingredients on this earth: Bacon, Eggs, Avocado, and Tomatoes.



I found this recipe on this cave-man website (seriously) and made it last month for the first time for myself and a friendly cave-woman (seriously). We instantly fell in love with it. I mean, who doesn't like bacon and avo first of all? And if you serve it right after the eggs are cut up the whole salad gets all warm and delicious. So good, so so so good. All things considered, it's pretty healthy especially if you only use a little bit of the bacon (not Bacon Bits, those are gross. You should be ashamed for considering it). Since then I tend to make it once a week and share it with whoever hunts and gathers their way into my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment